Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Things to bring for Mt KK

Sharing a few tips with whoever who cares to read this...
I separated my stuff to two backpacks. One bigger heavier one I paid the porter to carry up while the other smaller one I carried myself.

1st day - to Laban rata (things to bring in smaller backpack)
1)Just wear normal shirt and shorts/gym pants as you'll get sweaty and hot as you walk up to Laban Rata. Keep a sweater in ur backpack as you might get cold during the last km.
2) Normal sportshoes will do
3) 1 bottle of 500ml 100 plus - we were provided with a tin of 100 plus for lunch, so i just refill it in my bottle
4) KitKat bars - I only ate kitkats that two days during my hike plus the sandwiches provided.
5) Deepheat cream - I rubbed the cream before I start to hike. Helps to warm up.
6) Poncho/raincoat - though we still get wet, but still better than nothing
7) Waistpouch - to store ur camera and some panadol activfast
8) Face towel
9) Walking stick - just rent one from the park, it's useful when descending


Bigger backpack that I gave the porter to carry up (I recommend firsttimers like me to just pay the porters and not carry it up urself) to store things for the 2nd day hike up to the summit...
a) Winterjacket, gloves (waterproof a must!!), thermal wear, thick socks, long stretchable pants/tracksuits, sweater, balaclava, an extra pair of clothes to change after u descend..
b) HAIR DRYER - seriously, i don't see it written anywhere as a must have, but I think it's necessary in case it rains. My hair dryer was highly in demand on the evening we reached Laban Rata.
c)1 bottle of 500ml 100 plus
d) Kitkat bars & light food like raisins & oral dehydration salts
e) Kampung Adidas shoe - you can find it there in KK town , just ask around
f) Raincoat
g) Headlights
h) Towel , toothbrush, mini toothpaste, mini shampoo, minishowergel..etc - if you get ur warm shower, mine was icy cold , a lot of ppl opt not to shower as it was really cold.
i) Toilet tissue papers
j) slippers - 4 you to go toilet
k) Medicines - if you'll experience giddiness n such , refer to ur own doctor about this


So basically, on the second day hike to the summit, you can just wear ur e) kampung adidas shoe and ur a) winter wear and g)headlights as above list...
Bring along in ur smaller backpack :-
d) Kit Kat bars & raisins...
c) 1 bottle of 500ml 100 plus
f) Raincoat
And well , ur camera of course. Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints.


So hope this list helps whoever wish to read this..Happy Climbing.. I know I did. :D

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com